Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Return to Otakon.

Last weekend was QUITE a ride.

I haven't been to Otakon in Baltimore, Maryland in about 3 years. It was the first convention I ever went to back in 2005 and I've gone to TONS more ever since then. It was blissful trip down memory lane for me to be back on the Baltimore city streets and trekking around the convention center when I was still in High School. So much has happened since then, the con itself felt both like it had changed and grown, but still held the same sentimental value I always liked about it. Wasn't without its fair share of bullcrap, but ANY convention experience comes packaged with it unless you go completely on your own...and that's no fun! I was in good company, between my friends from SVA who made a killing at Artist Alley, the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged gang who made a killing at the Dealer's Room, the crew behind the One Piece Podcast and some of my actor friends, I thought it might be a task to divide up so much time to so many groups of people. But, it ended up being a glorious experience. I laughed my ass off every night with my roommates, had some tasty chow, picked up some free swag, even networked a bit with the three measly business cards I had left. Safe to say it kicked ass.

Con season's almost over, all's left is AnimeEvolution up in Vancouver. I think it's okay to mention here, so I'll announce that the screening for NiN10Doh! to the 64th Power! at AE will be on Saturday night at 8:30 in Panel Room 2. There might be time for a brief Q&A but most of the time will be dedicated to the screening itself. I'll also be at the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged Panel, same day and same room, at 11 in the morning. I'm beginning to get back completed segments from the animation team and they're lookin' fantastic, not to mention hilarious. Downside, I'm pretty sure some of the segments will be WIP; at the very least in animatic form with the complete audio, or possible uncolored/yet to be cleaned-up. Either way, we should have the full-length collab to show even if it's not 100% finished. The final version should be put on Newgrounds before August is up.

My time for vacationing is nearly up, with only about a month left before I head back to school. This upcoming Friday, I'll be heading to NYC to hand in the first bits of material for my thesis. My storyboard's done, the character voices are recorded and cut together for timing, the designs have been set and I'm currently working on the rough animatic. Tryin' to stay ahead of the game, since this baby'll end up probably running about 7-8 minutes. It'll take a LOT of hard work, so I'll do my absolute best.

Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

  1. It was so cool to meet you at Otakon! I hope you get a chance to come again next year!

    And once again, best of luck on your thesis! From what I saw and heard from you, it's going to be awesome and you're going to be just fine. I'm not much of an animator (other than silly little things here and there that I keep to myself), but seeing as you have a decent amount well on the way, the rest will hopefully fly by! You yourself said it was a story years in the making, and I know from experience that the closer you are with something, the easier it is to press forward with. If you ever need an added push, your fans are here to help bring you up (even if we won't see much for a long time).

    Have fun at Anime Evolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a colab so it SHOULD be better than the last part of the parody rangers movie...right?

    ReplyDelete